Friday, August 10, 2012

Wk 2: Leadership Blog Post

ISTE's  Journal of Digital Learning for Teacher Educators
- screenshot by Steve Lux

During the past few days, I have been searching far and wide for an appropriate publication to submit my Action Research Leadership Project paper when completed. Although I was able to find several journals that specialize in action research, many of them were looking for theoretical studies about the action research process itself, or the journals expected a minimum 5000 word article.  The journals that did accept shorter papers about specific action research projects mostly belonged to various University's that promote Action Research, and several of these journals seemed to have very limited distribution.

The Journal of Digital Learning for Teacher Educators, JDLTE,  is one of three journals published by ISTE, the International Society for Technology in Education.  ISTE is one of the largest and most highly respected organizations promoting educational technology.  The requirements for submission to JDLTE fits the subject of my Action Research Project, and final papers are expected to be in the 2000 - 4000 words using APA format which I am now quite familiar with.

So JDLTE is the journal that I will submit my Leadership Project to first.  My biggest concern is that they may not be willing to take on an "Action Research" paper as that is not the specialty of this journal.  However, if my project is published in an ISTE Journal, I would be very excited, as i know that the article would be read by a relatively large audience with a chance to have a substantial impact on the future of technology faculty development.

1 comment: